This Security Policy (“Policy”) applies to the use of any product, service or website provided by the AirCarbon Exchange (“Us”, “we”, “our” “Exchange” or “AirCarbon”) whether we provide it directly or through a third-party application (each, a ” Service”). This Policy is designed to protect the interests of all of our clients (“Users”), as well as our goodwill and reputation, and the integrity of the AirCarbon Exchange Trading Platform (“Platform”). AirCarbon cannot accept any responsibility for any loss, disruption or damage to your data or your computer system which may occur whilst using material derived from this website.
The Platform is built on sophisticated technology to facilitate a secure, transparent and efficient trading environment for AirCarbon Users. Our security protocols include ongoing monitoring and/or surveillance to recognize any abnormal system activities, transmission errors or unusual online transactions and ensure that such issues are adequately addressed. AirCarbon uses all reasonable endeavors to ensure that our Users experience smooth and secure access to the Exchange. However, the Platform is provided “as is” and on an “as available” basis, without any representation or guarantee of any kind (whether express or implied). This means that the Exchange does not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to acx.net (the “Site”), Platform or that its servers are free of computer viruses, bugs or other harmful components or that defects will be corrected.
AirCarbon uses all reasonable endeavors to make the Platform available when required by the User. However, we cannot guarantee the availability of the Platform. Errors and failures may occur in respect of Platform technology and the internet may be subject to faults and events which may affect the User access. Additionally, the User systems, our systems or the systems of a third party which the User or we rely on, may fail to work properly. As a result, Users may at times experience disruption or other difficulties in using the Site. Users should consider the potential for disruption or other difficulties in planning their use of the Site.
We are constantly striving to improve the Platform. This means that the Platform may need to be suspended or updated as a result of periodic maintenance, repairs or upgrades. We will always seek to provide Users with prior notice of any service interruptions.
Our Users play an important role in ensuring the continuity and integrity of their access to the Platform. It is the User’s responsibility to have equipment, software and network connectivity that are appropriate to access the Platform and that meet the software and security standards set by AirCarbon from time to time. AirCarbon recommends that Users adopt the following security precautions and best practices for their personal computer and mobile device use in order to reduce the likelihood of causing malicious and/or harmful security breaches that may arise in the use of the Site and the Platform:
- Install anti-virus, anti-spyware, anti-malware and firewall software on your computers and mobile devices;
- Update operating systems, anti-virus and firewall products with security patches or newer versions on a regular basis;
- Remove or deactivate file and printer sharing preferences in computers and mobile devices, especially when connected to the internet;
- Make regular backup of critical data;
- Consider the use of encryption technology to protect highly sensitive or confidential information;
- Log off from the Site at the end of the online session;
- Clear browser cache after the online session;
- Refrain from installing any software or running or executing programs of unknown origin;
- Delete junk, chain or spam emails;
- Avoid opening email attachments from unknown senders or from unknown email address domain names;
- Take care not to disclose personal, financial or credit card information to websites that are little-known, suspect, or do not have a matching website domain URL Address;
- Use the latest versions of Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, or Safari for purposes of accessing the Site. For full functionality of the trading Platform, use the latest version of Chrome only;
- Do not use a computer or a device which you know has a breach in security vulnerability and cannot be trusted;
- Do not use public or internet café computers to access online services or perform financial transactions;
- Do not disclose your Platform username or password to individuals without authority to conduct transactions on your behalf; and
- When using two factor or multi-factor authentication, ensure that the authentication device, email or phone number are in your possession and control at all times.
If you have any questions about this Policy, please contact [email protected].
Last Update: Jan 07, 2021